NFSA takedown notice
The NFSA respects the intellectual property rights and moral and cultural rights in the works under our care and custodianship, and administers these works according to the Copyright Act 1968. The NFSA also takes care to publish content with due respect to the integrity of the original work.
We make works available on our website and social media platforms as a result of:
- having received permission from the copyright owner,
- the work being in the public domain or
- the use being available under an exception in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
If you object to the use of any of the works on NFSA website and/or social media platforms on the basis that you consider that the work’s publication is offensive, or breaches copyright, moral or cultural rights, please contact the NFSA either by email to email@example.com or in writing to:
Att: Rights and Licensing Coordinator
National Film and Sound Archive
GPO Box 2002
Canberra ACT 2601
In your correspondence, please include the following:
- Details of the allegedly infringing or offensive materials and their URL location;
- The basis on which you are making a claim (eg: that you are the creator of the work; the copyright owner or authorised to act for or on behalf of the copyright owner; that you are a member of a particular Indigenous or cultural group; or that you are a user of the website);
- Your full contact details including postal address.
The NFSA will in its absolute discretion consider requests for the removal of content on the website; however the NFSA does not guarantee that such requests will be accepted.